Monday, September 21, 2009

Budget Update : Sept 21

Monday, September 21, 2009
This weekend has been heavy on the budget due to us hosting a BBQ at our place. I always over prepare for these situations. I shop too much and prepare too much and at the end of the day, there are a lot of leftovers. This time, there weren't so many and J & I are having what is left for lunch. I think that's the last BBQ we're hosting for the year at our place. October through to December are busy times and I'm still not sure if we're hosting a Christmas dinner/BBQ at our place this year since they all usually happen at J's parent's place.

Here's how I did starting

Thursday:

$7 - breakfast (I was not at work on Thursday, I was doing a course and I only had 4 hours sleep because I woke up at 3am for some reason and I couldn't get back to sleep so I had a very large double-shot coffee and a cake of some sort hoping that the sugar buzz will get me through the morning)
$3.50 - another coffee boost

Friday:

$14 - cake tin & A Long Kiss Goodnight DVD from Target
$11 - 1 kilo lamb mince
$20.75 - 2 kilos chicken breast
$28 - Groceries
$24 - 2 huge bottles of champagne & beer

Saturday:

$12 - Blockbuster
$5.60 - Groceries

Sunday:

$15 - Groceries
$7 - muffins
$10 - groceries from IGA (what a rip-off!)
$3.60 - bag of mixed salad leaves

Total: $161.45

That means I have $28.55 until Wednesday! Today is another day off and it's looking good to be another No Spend Day. I'm not going out unless it's going for a run tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$161.45 in 1 week is not bad at all!! Good luck until Wednesday! :D

Miss M said...

yeh thinking about it now. It's not that bad although I usually have a budget of $150 per week. I think it's just because of the BBQ that we had to shop for a bit more meat.

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates