Sunday, September 13, 2009

Competitions

Sunday, September 13, 2009
I've never had much luck with competitions unlike my friend who won two competitions on the same day to win 4 Harry Potter premiere tickets on the other and 2 of the same on the other competition she entered (both in magazines). Or colleague at work who regularly wins DVD's from entering competitions online. I haven't won anything!

So lately, I've been entering a few competitions. After all, I'm bound to win one someday right?

1. Helga's Bread
A Taste of Europe competition - prizes are holidays at the Whitsundays, a road trip on the Great Ocean Road or a trip to the Hunter Valley by private jet. Not bad at all. But I didn't win. Maybe I should buy more bread.

2. Myer One's 5th year anniversary competition. The prize is a 5 day Fiji holiday!

3.
Hoyts birthday free tickets. This is not really a competition, more like a free give away on your birthday. As I've posted before, movies here are so damn expensive at $16.50 and it increases by 50 cents every year. As my birthday is coming up next month, this is a good idea for a night out. We just have to buy a ticket for J. Score!

4. Optus. Optus is my mobile phone company and I buy a $30 re-charge card every month which gives me $150 worth of calls and text messages. Handy when calling my family overseas. Everytime I buy a recharge card, they send me a code to enter a competition and most of the time, I win prizes such as 25 free texts or $40 worth of calls. Today, I won 100 free texts!! I just have to use it within 14 days.

5. Madison Magazine are giving away 2 double passes for the
Wedding Establishment event this coming Wednesday. The tickets are $95 for two people and it would be a great night out if I win.

From now on, I'm going to start entering more and more competitions. And as my birthday is coming up, I know there are companies there that offer a few birthday free goodies. Nothing wrong with a free goodies on your birthday!

2 comments:

online competitions said...

Hi Miss M, great goals you have.

You can enter competitions frugally too.

If you see two brands of a product you use and one has a competition and is on special, buy that product. Not only do you save money that could cover the cost of the entry (if mailing in or smsing), you could also win a prize.

Here's a freebie for Mr J:
http://www.imperialleather.com.au/?page_id=3&category=6

Enjoy!

Miss M said...

Thanks for the tip and the link!

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates