Sunday, August 16, 2009

$12 = 4 meals

Sunday, August 16, 2009
Here is something simple I made tonight that was enough for 4 meals and cost only $12.

Ingredients:

1 big eggplant - $1.80
750g chicken breast - $7.00
Chinese marinade - $3.20

We already had some essentials at home like rice, soy sauce and brown sugar to add to this dish.

I cooked 4 small cups of rice. I marinated the chicken breast and left it for an hour or so then fried it. The marinade is a bit expensive for only one use but it really is quite tasty and don't need any more spices. I then cooked the eggplant with a little bit of oil until it's soft then added some soy sauce and a little bit of brown sugar. That made 4 meals all up and they're quite big servings.

J had dinner tonight for his night shift. I had mine for dinner too then I divided the rest in two more containers to bring to work for the next two days. If I'm this disciplined every Sunday afternoon, I wouldn't have to spend anything for lunches for the whole week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates