Friday, August 14, 2009

Food at Work

Friday, August 14, 2009
I didn't quite succeed with my challenge of not buying lunch at work this week by one day! I need to be more prepared getting my lunch ready and packed during the night as I start very early in the morning. This will be another interesting challenge for next week. I'm getting more essentials such as tuna and salad and hard-boiled eggs and just have them in the fridge as well for back-up.

So today, I bought a sweet chilli chicken burger and a drink for $9.90 which is my only expense of the day (so far). I did manage to make a PB&H sandwich for breakfast before I left for work and instead of buying $3.20 skim capps everyday, I buy a pack of flavoured coffee and have that. If it's on sale, the $2.99 small tub usually lasts around two and a half weeks.

J & I are going out to dinner tonight with J's family to celebrate his mum's birthday. His parents always pay for our dinners when we go out but tonight, we're going to insist that it's going to be our treat (J&myself plus his two siblings). I'm budgeting around $40 for this. J has already bought a cake for $30.50 which we're also splitting 4-ways. It should be a good dinner to finish off the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates