Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shared Finances

Thursday, August 13, 2009
J & I don't have a joint account, per se. He gets paid into his account and I get paid in mine. Although we do have a say so in our finances, we're not in each other's pockets all the time so to speak. We do have a joint savings account we've christened the Dulux Dog account (got the cute reference?) but I think I've contributed very little to this account so far.

At the moment, I earn just a little bit more than J does. But he's definitely a better saver. I'm still learning although I'm getting better.

We both get paid every two weeks (or fortnightly). On my last pay, I saved $600 which I've put into my own ING Direct account bringing my total to $2236. Not bad at all for a person that can't really save. It will be very tight but I hope to have $3000 in that account at the end of August 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates