Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Weekend = $60

Sunday, August 16, 2009
It's the middle of August, the last month of winter in Australia and it's 28 degrees outside. No wonder I'm sweating! Our summers can go as high as 40 degrees. At this temperature, people start fainting, the trains stop working because the train tracks are scorched, half the city is burning with bushfires and majority of people are in the cinema. I'm dreading summer already.

I spent a solid $60 this weekend and I didn't even have a night out. Saturday, I spent $12 hiring 5 new weekly DVD's from Blockbuster (half of Heroes Season 1, Penelope & Nights in Rodanthe) and the rest I contributed to J's grocery for lunch.

Today, being the beautiful day that it is, J & I went for a walk and had lunch in a cafe ($20). I also spent another $20 for groceries for my work lunches for the whole week. At this point, and because I only work 4 days a week, I have lunch for every day of the week. There's also no need for me buy coffee in the morning as I still have a tub of flavoured coffee which would probably still last two weeks and also a small tub of hot chocolate which would last another two.

I have $25 left until Thursday (pay day!) and I only have to cook for one night of dinner until then for 3 people which I'm budgeting $15 for. My goal for this week is to also walk home everyday. Sometimes I get really lazy and either catch the bus ($1.90) or have J pick me up when it's only 25 mins. walk away.

Savings Fund update:
Emergency Fund - $2800
My savings (home deposit) - $2236
J's savings fund (home deposit) - $3000 approx.

I think we're closer to our goal than we think which is $18,000 by June 2010. At this rate, we might have around $14,000 before 2009 ends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates